Saturday, May 8, 2010

How to make Mexican Hot Cocoa!

The weather here in Chicago is still pretty unpredictable. Mostly the days are cool with  a few warm days thrown in as teasers. I have been under the weather lately and so when I saw this post on making mexican hot cocoa, I thought, why not? I already had all the ingredients at home so this literally took 5 minutes. If you don't have almond extract I'm pretty sure you could skip it. I had to modify the recipe since the original version wasn't sweet or spicy enough for me (could be my tastebuds are out of wack because I'm sick). Either way, with my modifications this was completely delicious and you get a subtle spiciness from the cayenne and chili powder. Try this and let me know how you liked it.

Heat 1 cup milk on low heat in a saucepan. When the milk is hot, whisk in 2 tsp cocoa powder and 3 tsp sugar. Now add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 2 drops almond extract, a dash of cayenne pepper, 2 dashes cinnamon powder, and 1/8 tsp chili powder. Heat through for a minute so the flavors meld together and enjoy!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Bookmark and Share