Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tuna Melts - My Way

What does one do when one has to eat but doesn't have time to cook? Make sandwiches, of course! I try to keep cans of tuna on hand for just these situations and this sandwich took me 15 minutes to make from start to finish. Pretty darn tasty too, if I do say so myself!

Ingredients:
1 can tuna
1 small onion, finely minced
1 jalapeno, finely minced (for some reason I still didn't find the sandwich spicy..maybe this jalapeno was not hot enough).
1.5 tsp minced ginger
1.5 tbsp mayo
salt to taste
cheddar cheese
whole wheat bread
tomato slices (optional)

Method:
Mix the first six ingredients in a bowl. Meanwhile, pre-heat a lightly greased skillet over low heat. Now start making the sandwiches. Top a slice of bread with the tuna mixture, add sliced tomato and as much cheese as you want. Top with remaining bread slice, place on pre-heated skillet and place a frying pan or other semi-heavy object to weigh it down. Once one side is golden, flip and cook on the other side. Enjoy!

Note: I was able to make 2.5 sandwiches with the above quantity of ingredients.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Bookmark and Share