Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Roasted chicken salad with feta, apples, walnuts and craisins

I made this over the weekend when I was studying for a mid-term and didn't have much time to spend making lunch. It is soo easy to make and is one of the best salads I have ever had. Here's how I made it:

Ingredients:
1 apple, peeled and sliced. Sprinkle some lemon juice over it and toss so it doesn't get discolored
1 chicken breast
1/2 cup feta cheese
romaine lettuce, washed and cut into pieces
1/4 cup walnuts, toasted in microwave for 30 seconds
1/4 cup craisins
1 small onion, sliced

Method:
I first made a dry rub for the chicken with about 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp coriander/cumin powder, salt and 1/2 tsp chili powder. Rubbed this all over the chicken and pan-fried with a little oil on both sides until the chicken was golden. I then added about 1/4 cup water to the same pan, popped the lid on and let the chicken finish cooking.

Meanwhile, I prepared the salad ingredients. I made my own dressing out of some garlic, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper. You can use store-bought to save some time.

Once the chicken finished cooking, I let it cool and sliced it thinly and combined with the remaining salad ingredients. This was pretty tasty. To save some time you could roast some chicken over the weekend and use it for salads and sandwiches during the week. I do this sometimes when I know I will be running short on time.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Bookmark and Share